09 March 2010

TEA TOWELS - pat albeck at bridgewater

legendary designer pat albeck, who has been creating designs and patterns since the 1950's, has just launched a brand new collection of tea towels at emma bridgewater. pat is emma's mother-in-law (she is married to her son the designer matthew rice). this new range includes bright chickens, owls, and cats and in the post we make an interesting comparison to pat albecks work from the sixties and seventies. see the new designs online here at bridgewater or find out more about pat albeck's works here.below, some designs from pat albeck's portfolio which date from the 60's & 70's.

8 comments:

yardage girl said...

Very cool - love the colours and designs - tea towels are such a great medium for design - I love them and use them myself.

Sarah said...

OOOh, just my sort of thing, thank you!

Yasmin Sabur said...

Being allowed to view the growth and development of an artist over the length of a career is always fascinating. Design more intricate or simplified? Color palette bolder or more subtle? Familiar shapes or reintrepretation?
This one I'll print out to compare more closely.
Thanks so much for this post.

Country Days said...

We love this blog! Thanks for sharing your inspirations!

heather moore said...

I'm a big fan of Pat Albeck, and am so proud to own one of her vintage tea towels (the fishy one). Great that she's released a new collection!

Unknown said...

The hens remind me of a clothkits kit my mother made in the 1970's! So colourful - what find!

Marie said...

I've got two lovely tea towels from my grand mother :) Pat's Vegetable and The Daisy Flower. I discovery Pat Albeck and just love it!

barbara dean said...

just found a wine glass stand in my cupboard, must be one since sixties. First time I looked at the name and found Pat Albeck in tiny writing. Went and checked the web and found all this information and lovely designs. I must say I am really thrilled to have discovered you at last; a lovely Sunday morning start. I would love some tea towels, how to aquire? I live in Altea, Spain. best regards, B