14 March 2012

BOOK - a field guide to fabric design

having waited years for a book to come along specifically about designing patterns for fabrics - suddenly two come along at once. 'a field guide to fabric design' is written by kimberly kight of the most fabulous fabrics blog 'true up'. the book begins with the fundamentals of fabric design and explains how to create repeats by hand and by computer. it then moves on to colour palettes, printing techniques and a superb chapter on fabric types. find it here on amazon uk or amazon usa.

4 comments:

Pippa said...

I have had this book in my wish list, but thanks to you, I think it's time to purchase! :)

Kelly said...

Same here - this has been sitting in my Amazon cart for a while so I guess it's time to buy!

Anonymous said...

oh ive just brought this book. It is really good and inspiring x

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

oh my, I think I am going to need this one now too!