05 September 2007

BOOK - craft inc

many of you will already have seen craft inc already, as its been of huge interest to all of us in blogland. but i wanted to mention not just its terrific written content, but its design too. i love the striking cover and bright optimistic colour scheme designed by sarah meyer. the inside layout too is visually stimulating as well as being incredibly informative, which is perfect for us design conscious readers. here are some pictures of sarah meyers illustrations for the book, the pin theme from the cover continues inside. written by meg mateo ilasco, a designer from san francisco this is the book to buy if you are setting up a design business and it features some great interviews with people who have done just that. see it in your local bookstore or here on amazon uk & usa, or visit my pattern bookshop UK or USA.

14 comments:

Heather Moore said...

I'm so pleased you have so much good to say about this book - I just ordered it over the weekend after Lena Corwin wrote about it. Can't wait until it arrives.
And thanks so much for the teatowel heads up too!

pink-petal-designs said...

This looks a great book.
SAARH X

Anonymous said...

I will need to get a copy and see if I can learn some more things...Looks great.
thanks damian:)

pinkbathtub said...

Just ordered it!

Nora said...

I loved that you said it had an "optimistic color scheme" what an excellent choice of words!

M. Patrizio said...

I'm almost finished reading mine! I agree the design is excellent!

People St.Clair said...

The design is excellent and the book has been a definite must have for me. It is content rich so anyone who is awaiting its arrival or has yet to order... it's worth it.

Anonymous said...

i loved craft inc as well in both content and design. meg did an incredible job.
i'm so glad you received the package i sent you!

Jessi said...

I just ordered this book. Need to learn more and can't wait to get it!
~~jessica

Anonymous said...

what happened to your rss feed? :((
I read you all the time in "newsfire" and now I don't receive your feeds :((

Anonymous said...

glad you liked the book! thanks for posting about it. i know, sarah did such a great job on the book!

Anonymous said...

thanks for all the great commentary love your blog stuck it in favorites It gives me a lift everytime I stop by...Jennifer

mod*mom said...

i was excited to see this book at the chronicle books booth at the dwell on design conference in san francisco saturday.

●KiwiHandmade● said...

I bought it a few weeks ago, and I agree it is EXCELLENT! and the design of the book is lovely.

:) Marjorie