17 June 2008

FABRICS - sproutdesign

one small room is a concept store in adelaide, that stocks everything for the home. retro, vintage, old and new furniture, accessories and clothing as well as handscreen printed textiles called sproutdesign. they will soon be releasing a brand new range called 'designers for sproutdesign' (concepts previewed above) which will be launched in august 2008. created by a collective of different australian designers their aim is to produce quality unique fabrics for the home with a focus on children’s designs and to showcase the wealth of current australian talent. many have been featured here on p+p such as lara cameron, kristen doran, aunty cookie, tiel, and hollabee.
their current sproutdesign range is a collection by textile designer pamela walker who first printed the designs back in the seventies which they are now reproducing and reworking them under their ‘sproutdesign’ label.

9 comments:

twiddlestix said...

I love all these fabrics! Makes me wish I was into sewing! I'm in love with pattern too.

Carolyn Gavin said...

these definitely appeal to me. love the colors!

pui said...

Truly lovely blog. I am a big fan of prints. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

It's about time someone started designing some cute fabrics that work for boys too, I love them! Congrats on the book, this site is truly inspirational. www.snickerdoodles.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!!

clockworkpink2 said...

I love the animal patterns how cute!!!

Anonymous said...

this is the best thing i've seen on your website so far. if they're ever available in the us, please let us know where1

Anonymous said...

those colours are great, and i'm really loving that blue boy with the heart and combover!

delilah devine said...

I'm an Adelaide girl and I'm PROUD as PUNCH that one small room made it onto Print Pattern. Its a truly fab shop! And this is a great thing for Aussie designers...yippee!