02 October 2006

ILLUSTRATION


i was standing in a bookshop when i spotted a sweet illustration by nina chakrabarti on the cover of a novel (above). further research lead me to take a look at her work. i love these illustrations of flowers produced for top shop. the beautiful illustrations in situ at topshop.
as it turned out i had already featured nina's work here at print & pattern before, but i didnt know it. back in july i had admired the lovely packaging of cowshed products after seeing them in the conran shop. now i now know they were illustrated by nina chakrabarti.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the color work is so delicate in contrast to the black and white prints, but equally lovely – thanks for the link!

IMEDAGOZE said...

she's right. I'm in love with everything she drew for topshop, all butterflies, flowers, birds... I wish I had those on my wall.

Anonymous said...

Im doing an illustration project at the moment doing jacket sleeves for teenage book covers and tutors advised to look at ninas work... breathtaking style, simplicity is the key...refreshing to see handrendering live on at such strength!!! awsome stuff... makes me feel like drawing.
Charl