16 April 2008

SNAPSHOTS - miscellaneous finds

im really late posting today as its my dads birthday and have been caught up with family stuff. so what i thought i would do is post some of the photos ive taken recently whilst out and about in the shops. starting above and below with cards snapped in scribbler, covent garden.
below wrapping paper and notebooks as seen in foyles, charing cross road.
below sugar caddy and cute animal plates from butlers in islingston.
below wrap and stationery as seen in diva islington.

4 comments:

Gillian Mowbray said...

What a pretty miscellany. I love popping in and seeing your images.

I have one observation that I'd love for you to address in a future post - and that is that I'm not seeing anything really new. We seem to be stuck in a rut of retro floral and cutesy birds.

Maybe we're simply coming to the end of a normal cycle and there's something new round the corner. Have you spotted it yet? Can you predict what we'll be seeing in the shops soon?

Keep up the good work. x

bowie style said...

hi gillian,
in november 07 i decided to shift the focus away from trend forecasting and into showcasing designs and designers in particular. i even changed my strapline to : "a website that celebrates ..." from "im a trend forecaster...".
i now see my role as reporting what i see around me, and promoting designers.

Gillian Mowbray said...

Thanks Bowie. I hadn't realised that you'd changed focus. No worries - I shall continue to enjoy your blog. x

bowie style said...

thanks gillian, i hope you still feel happy and inspired when visiting P+P. im looking forward to the new york stationery show and surtex which should indicate new trends. grace at designsponge is planning to cover the events, do check it out and hopefully you will see some new trends developing there. :)