12 May 2008

BACK FROM NEW YORK

hi everyone, im back from my holiday in NYC and i have some cute purchases and tons of photos to share with you. im hopefully going to upload them and post some each day this week. the photos in this post are some of the things i picked up in new york and i'll being sharing more detailed pics of these too. i need to confess that i didnt manage to get to the shops in brooklyn as time ran out on me, but i will get there on my next trip. im so sorry to everyone who was hoping to see reports from there. i'll hopefully be at surtex next may so will make a definite point of visiting brooklyn then.
here are just some of the stores i visited and snapped on my holiday ; anthropologie, urban outfitters, jonathan adler, kate's paperie, container store, kinokuniya, k-mart, papyrus, fishs eddy, macys, and moma store. keep an eye out for pics all throughout this week.

13 comments:

Acie said...

Cant wait to see the rest of the picture :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a great time! i'm off on Friday for a week. will send you a preview of the new designs...

orange you lucky! said...

So glad you are back! Missed the daily candy:)
I'll be at Surtex in a week. I'm even more inspired to go now that I see some of this lovely products:)
My visa is going to cry that weekend:)

Vicki said...

Looks great! The 'Kawaii Not' thing looks really cute, although annoyingly similar to something I've had in my sketchbook for a while - that'll teach me to sit on things! ;) The red tray look gorgeous too. So jealous of your trip! haha!

Anonymous said...

Can you please do your links on the web page so they open in a new window when you have to click on them?
It would make life a whole lot easier! :-)
Thanks!

Nanette Merrill said...

Wow such fun things.

knittinglizzie said...

welcome back! i'm excited to see what you've discovered!

bowie style said...

thanks everyone - its good to be back.

hi anon, ive love to do that if i knew how. if any other bloggers can tell me i'd be real grateful.

i know what you mean vicki about sitting on things only to find someone pips you to the post.
i'll post full details on kawaii not this week.

helen,
regarding new york shopping i found that knowing that whatever you buy has to fit in a 23kg suitcase is a good leveller for purchases.

PetraO said...

So many wonderful photos you have at your blog - thankyou for the inspiration!

Dudley Redhead said...

Thank you, thank you! It's so great what you do! I really appreciate your eyes & feet pounding the pavement...

Furniture27 said...

Looking forward to your discoveries. NYC is so cool to visit.

ellencrimitrent said...

glad you are back I miss your blog and quite frankly no one else compares!! I will be in NYC from Friday to Monday and will hit some of my favorite stores like Century 21!! always find fabo things there, and will have dinner in the meatpacking district, probably Buddakan or Morimoto not sure yet. I am looking forward to seeing some of my closest friends again. I miss living there but not the lack of space!!

Vicki said...

Thanks!

I'll email you about your links...