02 July 2008

DESIGNER - robin zingone

robin zingone has been drawing ever since she could hold her first crayon, so it was inevitable that she would end up in her favorite city, new york, at parsons school of design. she worked as an art director and designer in ad agencies and eventually got into illustration drawing full time for clients such as american express, new york times, target, and the mattel barbie styleguides.after 9/11 the advertising business in the states crashed, so rather than stop drawing, robin started licensing her work which finally brought her to creating fun and fabulous patterns for product. still drawing by hand and altering on the computer, robin's work can be seen on everything from stationery and papergoods to shower curtains and bath accessories.
to see more of robin's work go to her website here, or keep up to date via her blog. i couldnt resist the picture of her cat sleeping on her studio desk.

9 comments:

Amy C said...

these designs are so fun.

Anonymous said...

the designs are great and the cat is soooo cute whats there name?

orange you lucky! said...

Love her funny birds and happy colour choices:)
Looks like that cat has got it good:)

ellencrimitrent said...

I am glad I sent her your way bowie, she is not only a very talented lady but a nice one to boot!! Oh and did I mention funny, I had the pleasure of meeting up with Robin and her husband in NYC at Surtex for lunch and she now has me hooked on the itouch!!

I cannot remember what year it was that I discovered her work but I have been in awe ever since, its not only the design its the combo of the colors too. Love it!!

bowie style said...

i think robin's cat is called mayer.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ellen above ~ Robin is not only nice, but she's fabulous (I was at the same lunch :-)) ~ we all wanna be her :-)

Vela said...

Robin's work looks amazing as always. The colors are so yummy. I tried stopping by to say 'hi' to her at the Licensing Show, but her booth was always packed, and for good reason. Congrats Robin!

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Funny. Kind. Warm. Caring... and of course Fabulous describe all these comments...I think I'm gonna cry. And P.S. the fat brat cat is "Mayer".

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes yes, her designs are classy chic! I love Robin's pieces and she is one cool person too. Thanks again Robin for my fabulous cards!
A. Rucker