23 September 2008

ILLUSTRATION - alain gree

the work of influential and collectable illustrator alain gree has recently been licenced in japan, resulting in a whole range of cute products. alain gree was born in 1936 near paris and during the 60's and 70's he published over 300 books. vintage originals can picked up in bookshops or on ebay and many were re-issued thanks to a huge following in japan by ricobel. the licensed goodies shown here are by plazastyle in japan but i have also seen a few products in the UK at lapin & me.
if you are interested in finding out more about alain gree here are some links you could follow. first up its alain's official website, here you can read an interview with alain in english, or you might be interested in getting your own alain gree licence.
you can see awesome alain gree pics here on flickr.
you can buy cards, stickers, labels etc at lapin & me.
if you're keen to get hold of some of the original books visit ricobel to see whats in stock.

10 comments:

Dee said...

Love these, they look so fresh. Will definitely be on the look out for his books.

Heather Moore said...

Too sweet! Not a minor influence on the work of Shinzi Katoh, I might venture?

Anonymous said...

Great illustrations but it does seem a shame to plaster them all over things. The original books are great, i have seen these at presentandcorrect.com too.

Carolyn Gavin said...

They are so beautiful, whymsical + fun!
they bring me back to my childhood!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Your posts never fail to impress!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these!

Anonymous said...

Again, sure take me back to the Golden Books I grew up reading. Look like the little people and little animals that circled the back book covers.

Pinkflowerbuttons said...

What child wouldnt love these, I can feel some connection to this.

JapaneseZakka.com said...

Thank you very much for introducing Alain Gree :))
Now we are offering those Japanese Alain Gree products outside Japan as well !
Please take a look at our website:
http://www.japanesezakka.com/AlainGree/alaingree.htm
Thank you !
RicoBel

Anonymous said...

I agree. These little animals do look like the little creatures on the back of our childhood Golden books. Was he one of Golden Books illustrators I wonder?