02 October 2008

BOOK UPDATE - and huge thanks

i just wanted to give a little update on whats happening with the print & pattern book. i received hundreds of entries, and put a proposed selection to the publisher last thursday. the bad news is they thought it was too many for one book - but the good news is we hope do a volume two. i'll be contacting everyone who made it into the book next week with further info. and dont worry if you dont hear from me for this one as we have more projects in the pipeline. it doesnt mean i didnt like your work - it was simply a question of room. the quality of submissions was fantastic so i will be holding onto everyones details for phase two. huge thanks to everyone who sent in designs, samples etc. there are so many talented people out there that i cant wait to flick through the finished book myself.

14 comments:

Lara said...

Fair enough indeed :) Better too much than too little! I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the book. I can't wait to see it when it comes out!

Unknown said...

wow, that's great that you had so many good submissions! i seriously cannot wait for the book and am excited to see what other projects are in the making!!

Anonymous said...

ooo ooo cant wait to see the book that will be a definate buy. I just love popping into see whats new out there it's such a fab inspirational site.I know the book will be the same!
Thanks :-)

Heather Moore said...

So excited to see this book (and crossing fingers too!)

Caro said...

Fabulous news that there were so many fantastic enties. I'm really looking forward to seeing it when it gets released!

InkDropDesign said...

Congratulations on the success!

Anonymous said...

wow good news then ! thanks for all your work too !
we are all impatient to see the result :)
and "bravo" to everybody for the creativity ! keep going on !
Sophie
www.bella-cicci.com

Claire said...

Yay! I cant wait to buy the book. It sounds fantastic, cant wait to see all the lovely patterns. It would be great if u had a book 2 i would love to send some of my artwork in for that. Congrates!

taramichele said...

What great news that they already want to do another one with you! I'm so hoping I'll get to feature in that one, and that you got my present in the mail!

bowie style said...

taramichele,
i picked up a parcel from the publishers on thursday and was amazed to see what you had sent !
in fact i was bowled over : )
thankyou so much.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to know if i can enter this wonderful book ^^... so thank you for the message, i'm happy to know there is so many talented people out there too !

kristien said...

I really would love to see your book.
thanks a lot and please go on with what you are doing!

marc b said...

Can't wait for book to be in the shops, keep fingers x :)

Well done

Marc B