09 January 2009

CRAFT/TRADE FAIRS - flickr fun

checking out peoples stands and displays on flickr is a fun thing to do on a friday afternoon, key words to search include renegade booth, national stationery show, craft mafia, etc. this should bring you dozens of results, and with the renegade craft fairs very often people love to post pics of all the things they bought at the show. they also have a dedicated flickr site here. above a photo of susy jack's stand at the national stationery show, new york, and below the isak stand at top drawer, london.
above strawberryluna, below jessica gonacha.
above my paper crane, below abbey christine, and the very bottom wonting.
all pics from flickr.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am due to exhibit at Top Drawer Spring and am in the process of deciding how to present my stand. I understand how important it is for the display/presentation to look just as good as the products itself! So thanks for the inspiration. Hope to see you there!

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

Ditto! I've just signed up for BCTF (British Craft Trade Fair) in April and am waking up in the night with ideas that pop into my head! So big thanks for the inspiration. (Anna, I'm coming to TD so I'll come say hi)
Karen x

Dee said...

Thanks, great post today.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this - really interesting.
I'm really looking forward to Top Drawer this year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post.
It's always great to see some inspirations for display exhibition.
Great post!

Anonymous said...

Awww, thank you for choosing a photo of my booth from Renegade NYC (2007).

I was sharing a 10x10 with my friend Julie from Etui that year. It's so hard to strike a balance between having your work on display in a variety of ways and looking neat. It's tough! I think that I've learned so much from looking at other folks set ups too.

Anyway, thanks so much again. Great blog, I love it. I'll be back. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

P&P,

Isak and Susy Jack are two of my faovrites and Wonting isn't too shabby--all here together in one post. Wish I could go to these shows...I found Isak here. Thanks.

Sarah
The Estate of Things