Are you an emerging designer ready to make it big in the surface pattern design world? This is an incredible opportunity to win a design scholarship worth over $1000 to help you on your way! Sponsored by Print & Pattern, the ABSPD Design Scholarship will provide you with access to over a year’s worth of top design courses, access to top trend site WGSN and a host of exciting promotional opportunities.
One person will win the following:
- A free place on all 3 modules of The Art and Business of Surface Design (M1: Designing your way; M2: Creating your professional identity; M3: Monetising your designs)
- 90 days’ free access to WGSN
- The opportunity to be featured on the Print & Pattern blog, in MOYO Magazine and on the Make it in Design site.
Previous winners have found this scholarship to be a huge boost to their careers. Because there were so many amazing entries for the 2014 scholarship, 3 winners and 7 runners up were chosen, after receiving over 300 applicants from 39 countries:
Here are a few examples of those previous winners...
Above Flora Waycott and below : Alice Perry
Above : Elizabeth Olwen and below : Yana Ko
The applications will be shortlisted by Rachael Taylor and Beth Kempton, co-founders of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design, and the final decision on the winner will be made by Marie Perkins, aka Bowie Style author of the Print & Pattern blog.
The judges will be looking for originality, sense of colour, awareness of trend and overall quality of design.
HOW TO ENTER
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight GMT on Friday 12 December 2014 with ‘P&P Scholarship Application’ in the title of your email:
- Your full name, country, email address and website/blog link if available
- Max 100 words about why you are interested in surface pattern design as a career path (feel free to include reference to any experience you have – but don’t worry if you don’t have any experience!)
- Max 100 words about why the course would be valuable to you (all text to be included in the body of your email, not as an attachment)
- Two images of patterns you have designed (sent as a 550px wide square jpeg attachment)
THE SMALL PRINT
By submitting a scholarship application you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Applications not submitted in accordance with the guidelines above will be rejected - The scholarship is open to anyone aged 18 or over from anywhere in the world - Applications must be made in English - If the winner has already taken one or more modules of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design they may choose to either skip or retake that module. However, the prize is not transferable and no cash alternative is available. However, if the winner is registered for any future course (January 2015 or later), their class fee will be reimbursed - Modules must be taken in succession as follows: Module 1 – January 2015; Module 2 – April 2015; Module 3 – September 2015 - Access to WGSN will be granted at the end of Module 3 - The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into - By submitting your work you agree to be featured online or in print by Rachael Taylor, Do What You Love, Make it in Design, MOYO, Print & Pattern or any other third party chosen by Rachael Taylor and/or Beth Kempton in relation to this opportunity, at any time now or in the future. In such an instance no fees will be payable for the inclusion of your work in any promotional materials relating to the course
- There is no fee payable to enter
- You will retain all rights relating to your images
Deadline for submitting applications: Midnight GMT on Friday 12 December 2014
Announcement of winner: Tuesday 7 January 2015
Module 1 class starts for winner: January 12 2015
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions