16 March 2020

MOTHER'S DAY 2020 - tesco

I thought long and hard before continuing with the normal service at Print & Pattern this week - carrying on as if nothing out of the ordinary was happening. But of course it is - the whole world has changed this month. The major design shows are either being postponed or cancelled and designers face a tough Spring and Summer with potentially little or no work as companies hunker down to whether the storm. Whilst work and money are big issues the main problem is the thought of our vulnerable loved ones getting ill. So with this in mind Mother's Day 2020 in the UK will be one of the strangest. Especially if your mum is is over 70 and you need to consider her safety. So after much deliberation I decided to carry on with my scheduled review of Mother's Day design this week. I'll be showcasing my best finds in the stores this year, starting with Tesco who work with Hallmark, including their Studio Ink label.





















 














3 comments:

ric-rac-uk.blogspot.com said...

Great post. Totally agree with all you say and such a lovely post. Scary times as my freelance work has just stopped. No work booked in, regular clients aren't commissioning : ( But, staying well is more important. I hope you and yours stay well Bowistyle.... x

maria f. said...

Here's to all the elderly Moms (and Dads) out there. What difficult times for all of us. I just wanted to say I appreciate your hard work gathering all this inspiration. But I'd totally understand if you stayed home.

bowie style said...

Thank you Maria and Steph. These are strange days indeed, our work and freelance income will obviously fall of a cliff right now. All we can do is keep designing and fill our portfolios for when times are better.
My main worry now is keeping my mum and dad safe, but I also think of our design community and hope we can all come through this well.